Ideas for Beginning Readers: Words I can Read Pocket


Chobie is starting to read. Even though he’s been showing signs of reading readiness for a while now, it still somehow caught me off guard. I don't even have the Bob Books ordered from Amazon yet!  

 

So today I made this little pocket from him to hang on our board as a visual and kinesthetic way to keep track of his reading progress. As he learns more words and adds them to the pocket, he can see and touch his progress.

 

I’m keeping the sight words that we’re working on taped to the top of the board. Then when he is confident reading them, he can add them to the pocket.

 

 

Enjoying Handmade Life? Vote for me at Top Mommy Blogs.

Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs
 


For more homeschooling ideas, follow me on Blog Lovin.

Follow on Bloglovin   

Comments

  1. This is such a fun idea and a great way to build confidence in areas that will affect more than reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sound educational practice. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts