A Brief Status Update

Hello friends, casual readers, and passersby.

I just wanted to leave a quick update here, as it's been several months and I see that some folks are still dropping in. Without fully intending to do so, I have put this blog on the back burner (on my stove that is about 24,000 burners deep). Somewhere in the holiday rush...amid launching the Etsy shop I dreamed of for years and hand-making all of my sons' holiday gifts, I got out of the habit of posting. I hate to blog about blogging and I especially hate to blog about how I haven't been blogging, but I do feel I owe it to my loyal readers to offer some form of explanation for my absence.

That said, I am hoping to keep Handmade Life going, though perhaps at a slower pace than before, skimming just the cream of our homeschooling, homemaking, and homesteading endeavors to share, instead of trying to publish each project.

I am also going through some big professional shifts in my work from home life, moving into areas I'm more passionate about than my current work and focusing more on writing. I'm incubating the possibility of starting a side project blog that features more of my writing and interests outside of the (wonderful) realm of hard-core housewifing. Don't get me wrong, I love and deeply value that work and would do it full time, but unfortunately no one is paying me to be awesome at it and with the standard of living these days based on a two income household...blah blah blah, I have to pay the bills, so my professional life is getting a bit more attention and overshadowing my blogging life.

So stay tuned for periodic domestic updates, and news of any new directions and new blogs. And if you're feeling really nice, wish me a little luck as I set of on my new career ventures.

Blessings!
Lydia

Comments

Popular Posts